Grouse Mountain | The working holiday club
Written by Natalie Broomfield
Grouse Mountain is a unique four-season destination close to downtown Vancouver, one of the most beautiful cities in Canada. Our snow school is among the oldest and most well respected in North America, with a staff of 120+ dedicated ski-and snowboard professionals. We offer day and night skiing and snowboarding 7 days a week with drop-in lessons, private lessons, kids camps and adult clinics. Learn more here:
Grouse Mountain has the highest of expectations for their seasonal staff as they receive thousands of applications yearly. This resort is situated literally minutes from downtown Vancouver and easily accessible to the 2 other local ski mountains & Whistler is under two hours away! Grouse Mountain offers a challenging and enjoyable work environment with a world of career opportunities. Our team is dedicated to Grouse Mountain's renowned excellence and its continued growth as Vancouver's premier mountain resort. In exchange for employee excellence, we offer a professional atmosphere, fantastic growth opportunities, unlimited outdoor recreation (including skiing and snowboarding) an inspiring setting and many unique employee privileges. Applicants need to be at least 19 years of age. Some roles do require previous experience.
- New Zealand
Due to its proximity to the city, staff accommodation is not required by those who work at Grouse Mountain Resort. Grouse Mountain is located just across the bridge from downtown Vancouver, a 15 minute drive or a 30 min. bus ride and housing options are plentiful in North Vancouver and Vancouver. A Vancouver orientation sheet will be supplied to you to assist you in locating potential housing options for the duration of your employment and other basic needs. Many landlords will prefer to meet you in person so make a list of potential places before arriving in to Vancouver and try to set up appointments to view your choices on arrival. There are many hostels around the city and you can extend your stay in the Sameson Hostel if you wish until you find a suitable place or other roomies. Grouse Mountain and TWHC will provide as many resources as possible. Everyone finds a place.
All staff members are extended a wide range of perks that include but are not limited to:
- Complimentary seasons pass
- Complimentary seasons pass for your dependant family members (ie spouse/common-law partner and children) for full time year-round staff or full time seasonal staff after 4 consecutive winters or summers
- Complimentary recreational opportunities such as skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, ice skating, hiking and access to seasonal activities such as the Lumberjack show, Birds in Motion, scenic Chairlift rides and more
- A Grouse Mountain Employee passport to use for a complimentary zipline tour, a tour of the Eye of the Wind, dining discounts and more
- 40% discount on food items in The Observatory, Altitudes Bistro, Lupins Café, The Grouse Grind™ Coffee Bar, The Rusty Rail BBQ (does not apply to alcohol)
- 40% discount on Starbucks food and beverage items; 20% discount on merchandise (Grouse Mountain Starbucks location only)
- Complimentary coffee and tea while on shift when using your reusable cup; a $1.00 fee is charged without a cup that goes to fund sustainability projects on the mountain
- Complimentary hot chocolate in the chalet and in staff rooms
- Complimentary fountain drinks in Altitudes Bistro and Lupins while on shift.
- 20% discount off regular priced merchandise in the retail stores Outfitters, the Spirit Gallery and Essentials
- 40% discount for ski, board, skate and snowshoe rentals
- $125 staff price for Tandem Paragliding (Regular $229)
- Access to the inter-mountain ski day exchange (Mountain Interchange) program
- Participation in our organized sports and events such as Seek the Peak and the Grouse Grind Mountain Run
- 15% off YYoga Memberships; check out yyoga.ca
- Complimentary Whistler Water through our Waterperks program provided in all staff rooms
- Discounts from our corporate sponsors