Whistler Blackcomb | The working holiday club
As North America’s premier resort and Host Venue for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games, they continuously re-energize their product and people. Located just 1.5 hour drive North of Vancouver Whistler Blackcomb is nestled in the coastal mountains and home to over 9000 year round residents. Whistler is an international resort with a home town feeling. What are you waiting for?
We are committed to being the world's most visited mountain resort with each of us passionately dedicated to deliver every Guest a memorable mountain experience. We will continuously re-energize our product, our people, and provide great value to maximize the full potential of our unparalleled natural resource.Whistler Blackcomb is a culturally diverse company. We value our Canadians and our International staff as they are an important piece of what makes Whistler unique. Our mission statement is the very essence of why we are here - a compelling statement that defines our reason to be here each day:
"Creating the best memories...again and again..."
Those wanting roles at this incredible resort better get your game faces on!!! The competition for limited roles here is fierce. Applicants need to be a minimum of 19 years of age, with exceptional work ethic, established know-how in their field of work, positive attitude in all situations and ability to work in a diverse team environment. The expectations of staff are incredibly high in order to maintain the resorts insatiable appetite for excellence in all areas. Those applicants still at university will be heavily vetted to ensure the ENTIRE season commitment is met. Only those university students that can provide circumstantial evidence to prove they are deferring for the semester/year will be considered.
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
As long as you remain an employee in good standing with Whistler Blackcomb you will have a season pass to access the mountains.
- Season Lift Pass
- Staff Accommodation - HOUSE - Safe and affordable accommodation for first season employees.
Club Shred - For $2 deduction a pay cheque you can join this employee discount program. As a member you will get a variety of discounts in town – gyms, movie tickets, Vancouver Canucks games and many, many more.
Envirofund - The Whistler Blackcomb Foundation Environmental Fund is dedicated to providing financial support to Qualified Donors whose actions can show a benefit to the natural environment in the Sea to Sky Corridor. Our mandate is to expand fundraising efforts to support larger environmental projects with long term results within the Sea to Sky Corridor, as well as to build strong partnerships with community stakeholders. You can donate as little as $2 a paycheque and help us make a difference. Click here to find out more »
Retail - 25% off at all Whistler Blackcomb retail locations. (Please note that the discount percentage is off the full retail price of the item. No Staff Discount will be given on top of the sale price of an item.) List of WB Retail Shops »
- 25% off rentals before 1pm.
- 50% off rentals after 1pm (except during peak periods such as Christmas, President's Week, Spring Break and Easter - it will just be 25% during the holiday periods)
- 25% off repairs with odd specials at 50% off
- 20% off at Tuning Centres ~Ski service is $25 and snowboard is $30 (could be more depending on damage)
Food & Beverage
- 50% off at all market style restaurants. (For on Mountain restaurants discount applies all day when on shift or when not at work all day except between 12-1:30pm)
- 20% discount at Merlin's, Dusty's and GLC seven days a week (not including liquor)
- Free group lessons available when space allows in the right ability level
- 20% discount on all Ski School Programs such as: Dave Murray Camps, Private Lessons, Ski Esprit, Roxy Camps, Extremely Canadian and Telemark Lessons.
- 50% off all market style restaurants at all times; 20% off at our bars at all times (excludes alcohol).
It is recommended that you study the job specs below before making you choose on your application with The working holiday club. Pay special attention to the skills required and match them to your daily activities at work pr at school. Understanding how you relate to the job requirements will help you perform better in your final interview with the resort.
- Food Station Server
- Hut Bistro Worker
- Food and Beverage Cashier
- Cappucino Bar Worker
- Rental Technician
- Retail Sales Clerk
- Lift Host
- Tube Park / Attendant
- Parking Host
- Whistler Kids Den Master
- Outdoor Ranger
- Whistler Kids Kitchen Helper
- SSS Sales Host
- Tickets/ Validation Host
- Reservation Host
- Ride Tribe Schools Host
- Revenue Representative
- Kids Den Master (For australians & kiwis applying for any day care roles in addition to your application for working holiday visa you will also be required to have a medical. This will be an added expense and the practitioner will be determined specifically by the consulate)
Check out a 'Day in the Life Of A ........
- Revenue Representative (Accounts Receivable)
- Revenue Representative (Audit)
- Guest Relations Host
- Reservations Centre Host
- Snow School Sales Host
- Advanced Sales Centre Host
- Properties Host
- Tickets & Validation Host
- Lift Host
- Parking Attendant
- Tickets & Validation
- Glacier Creek Busser
- F&B Cashier
- Serveries Coordinator
- Chic Pea Hut Worker
- Crystal Hut Worker
- EBCB Hut Worker
- Ravens Nest Bistro Worker
- Glacier Creek Cook
- Glacier Creek Dishwsher
- Glacier Creek Shipper
- Glacier Creek Baker
- Glacier Creek Food Station Attendant
- Roundhouse Lodge Snow Removal/Busser
- Roundhouse Lodge Cashier
- Roundhouse Lodge Cappuccino Bar Worker
- Roundhouse Lodge Washroom Attendant/Day Cleaner
- Roundhouse Lodge Busser